What Are the Best Pool Heat Pumps?
Buying your pool, a heat pump is a big decision. The pump is going to be a huge financial decision, but a highly satisfying one too.
As summer approaches, you start to become anxious for the swimming season. Come March most people are tired of the cool weather, they are ready for the summer heat and cool dip into a pool.
As summer ends, we begin to feel slighted by the incoming end to warm weather and swimming season. Now imagine that you don’t have to.
Maybe you don’t have to quit swimming in August or wit for the end of May to take a dip. You could swim earlier and continue swimming for longer. The only thing that you need to do is purchase a pool heat pump.
Buying one of the best pool heat pumps could extend you swimming season by a couple of months, or more!
Product 1: FibroHeat Swimming Pool Heat Pump
The Fibroheat swimming pool heat pump is by Fibropool. It’s an eco-friendly heat pump created by one of the best brands for swimming pool accessories. The pump is efficient and convenient.
- Has an output of fifty-five-thousand BTU’s.
- A one-hundred-percent titanium heat exchanger.
- An Industry Standard Warranty
- An easy to use digital display.
- The pump is top-level energy efficient according to the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Works with above ground pools and below ground pools.
- Installment can be done in less than thirty minutes.
- The heat pump received a COP of 5.92
- Uses a twelve gauge, two-hundred-twenty-volt system.
- There are no cons for this product.
The pool heat pump cost about 1660 dollars. That’s a steal! This pump offers so many pros for such a low cost.
Seventy-five percent of the reviews are five-star ratings. Giving this pump a four-point-two out of five-star rating. Customers are leaving great reviews after using this product, to quote just a few.
One reviewer states, “It’s an extremely economical way to save money. The pump extends the swimming season by many months.” The reviewer mentions that it works for her Eighteen-thousand-gallon pool.
Another reviewer calls it a great investment. She states, “I turned the pool heat pump on in the morning and the seventy-degree water reached eighty-eight degrees by midafternoon.”
This reviewer says, “The pump is relatively easy to install and happy with the purchase.” The reviewer mentions that he had no issues with the pump. That it worked great for their thirteen-thousand-gallon pool.
This Fibropool pool heat pump is the ideal pump to use when you need to extend your swimming season. The heat pump is eco-friendly, reliable, and fast-acting.
Product 2: Pentair High Performance Pool Heat Pump
This Pentair heat pump is extremely high preforming. Model 460933 Ultratemp 120 is incredibly efficient and dependable.
This heat pump can only be used for heating purposes, making it an excellent option for any home spa! The Pentair high performance pool heat pump is incredibly efficient and cuts costs.
- The pool heat pump uses the heat available in the atmosphere and transfers it into the pool or spa.
- Utilizes R-410A Refrigerant
- Almond colored exterior.
- Outputs 230 volts
- Cuts energy costs by eighty percent.
- Recognized by the EPA to be safe and clean to the environment.
- Costs less to maintain than gas powered heat pumps.
- I have yet to determine any cons with this product.
This pump costs roughly 3720 dollars. This is a pump from a well-known and reliable brand the cost is worth the knowledge of knowing that the brand provides great customer service and is recommended and trusted by so many.
This product features a few reviews that should be noted. One reviewer says, “It’s a great product with quick delivery.”
The product was, “Just what we wanted and easy to install!”
Another reviewer says, “The product worked great for well over five years!”
Pentair creates some of the best pool pumps, so it probably won’t surprise you that this is one of the best pool heat pumps available. The pump is super easy to install and very efficient. This pump is different from the competitors due to its eco-friendly characteristics.
It’s rare to find a heat pump that doesn’t require gas for fuel. It’s even more unusual to find a pool heat pump that can utilize the heat in the surrounding air to warm the water.
Product 3: FibroPool Above Ground Swimming Pool Heat Pump
Fibropool’s heat pump, model FH120, is a great pool heat pump option for above ground swimming pools. This heat pump works great with a three-prong plug. The pump is sure to prolong your swimming season, regardless of where you live.
- Comes with an eight-foot-long cord, for easier access to available outlets.
- Has an output of twenty-thousand BTU’s.
- Works with pools that hold up to seventy-five-thousand gallons.
- A high-pressure scroll compressor and a titanium heat exchanger allows the heat pump to obtain a COP of 4.81.
- Installing the swimming pool heat pump can be done in less than thirty minutes.
- Digital Display permits easy adjusting and simple controls.
- Slim design allows for plenty of mounting and placement options.
- Enamel coating will improve longevity, by allowing the heat pump to stand against the elements.
- The product has no cons in my opinion.
This pool heat pump will cost you a pretty penny. The pump cost about 1195 dollars, but that’s surprisingly affordable for swimming pool pump of this quality. Some pool pumps cost as much as 5000 dollars!
Over seventy-five percent of the customer reviews rate this product five stars. On a scale from zero to five, this product is rated a four-point-five.
One person states, “This is the best thing to come into the pool business in quite some time!” The reviewer says, “It is the best twelve-hundred dollars they’ve ever spent,” and raves over the easy installation.
Another review says, “It’s cheap and works great!” The reviews highlight is that it states, “The pool costs about forty-seven dollars to run a month.”
A final reviewer claims that, “It’s the best pump I’ve ever had!” The reviews mention that the pool can maintain eight-nine degrees in forty-five-degree weather.
Being one of the best pool heat pumps, there is a lot expected from this pump. The pump doesn’t miss a beat though. The Fibropool heat pump maintains warm water temperatures in conditions as low as forty degrees.
It’s a great pool pump that is both reliable and efficient. Consider this product to meet your pool heating needs.
The three pool heat pump choices above are a few of the best available. The industry has criteria that the pumps must meet. These pumps listed above meet that criteria. They meet that criteria along with the standards that make the pump considered eco-friendly.
The brands are great! They provide excellent customer service. These brands are reliable and create some industry leading equipment. The pumps come with a ten-year warranty, but it’s usually unnecessary due to the longevity and durability of each of these pumps.
Consider purchasing one of these pool heating pumps for your next pool purchase. They are a great investment. The investment pays off in fun and exciting memories with your family. You can now have fun for a longer period of time in warm, comfortable waters.